Monday’s 5 things feature this week are the 5 things you should do to your house before you have guests this holiday. Whether it’s out of town guests or a just a few friends for drinks. These are the little things that will make our guests feel welcome and important.
1. Put fresh hand towels in the bath before the arrive. It’s a great way to give your bathroom a simple facelift. Pretty paper ones are great or fluffy cotton ones in a fun accent color just to switch it up.
2. Stock up the a candy jar. Sweets are so great to have around. Put them in a pretty glass container on the kitchen counter and a note to help yourself!
3. Organize the fridge. I know this sounds like a funny one but this is so helpful when you have people around. Leave space for those that are helping you put away leftovers or keep snacks and drinks handy so guests can help themselves.
4. Keep the blankets handy: If you’re like me I keep it pretty cool in my place in the winter. So make sure you keep a basket with a stack of blankets in them.
5. Fresh flowers are a great way to welcome you guests. I usually buy one or two bouquets and make small arrangements for all around the house. The powderdroom, next to their bed or the foyer are the best places to put them.